1. If you want to keep fit, you'd better eat more vegetables and _______ meat.
A. few B. little C. less D. more
2. A child asks all kinds of _______ while he is growing up.
A. troubles B. matters C. problems D. questions
3. — How long _______ you _______ here?
— For about two years so far.
A. have, studied B. did, live C. do, stay D. were, swimming
4. Robert wanted to find a good job in the city, but he found things were_______ when he got there.
A. comfortable B. different C. easy D. pleasant
5. After a long walk, little Jim was hungry and tired. He could_______ walk any farther.
A. suddenly B. hardly C. luckily D. mostly
6. Jack _______ the 8: 30 train and he had to wait for the next one.
A. missed B. lost C. caught D. took
7. — _______ is in the classroom. Where are the students?
— They have all gone to the library.
A. Somebody B. Everybody C. Anybody D. Nobody
8. —The pollution problem here seems to get more and more serious.
— Yes. Something_______ with it.
A. has done B. must be done C. is doing D. was done
9. —Could you tell me_______ ?
— She is a student in Eton School.
A. where Kate is studying B. how Kate studies
C. why Kate was studying D. when Kate studied
10. — What good weather! Let’s go boating on the lake.
— _______ .
A. That’s all right B. Thank you very much
C. It doesn’t matter D. That’s a good idea