1. --- Shall we surf the Internet, Lucy?
A. Me, too. B. The same to you.
C. Great. D. OK. Thank you.
2. --- Hello, may I speak to Mr. Smith?
--- I’m sorry, he is out.
A. but B. and C. or D. so
3. --- Which is , physics or math?
--- Physics. And I think it is more useful in our daily life.
A. more interesting B. interesting
C. most interesting D. the most interesting
4. --- Why is e-shopping getting more and more popular?
--- It save a lot of trouble and time if it is properly used.
A. need B. should C. can D. has to
5. --- How can we study English better?
--- Try to a diary in it besides listening, speaking and reading a lot.
A. catch B. take C. put D. keep
6. Hu Jingtao, President of China, America and four Asian and African countries in April 2006.
A. visits B. visited C are visiting D. had visited
7. All of us Hong Zhanhui, a university student, who takes good care of his sick father and little sister.
A. speak highly of B. catch up with C. look out for D. are fed up with
8. Every year millions of trees to prevent floods, droughts and sandstorms.
A. plant B. are planted C. are planting D. were planted
9. At weekends we help Mother with housework in the kitchen she can enjoy herself by searching the Internet.
A. after B. until C. that D. so that
10. Computers are so popular in our country that every pupil knows e-mails.
A. how can he send B. how does he send
C. how to send D. how sending
Mr. Ma, a famous mental doctor from Beijing once said at an important meeting, “Now many young students can have problems with their minds. Some students become worried because they have to study very hard. Others have trouble getting on well with people around them like their parents and classmates. Parents and teachers should care more about this problem.”
Then Mr. Ma gave some examples. One patient, a middle school students from Xi’an was doing badly in his lessons. He thought his teachers and friends often laughed at him, and he became so nervous and worried that one night he left his homes without telling parents. Another student, a 14-year-old schoolgirl from Shanghai, was very afraid of exams. While she was reading the exam paper, she couldn’t think of anything to write.
A recent report from Jiefang Daily says about 18% of the young students in Shanghai have mental problems. They often fell worried and very unhappy. Unluckily many of them won’t go and ask for help. Some think they will look stupid if they go to see a doctor. Others won’t talk about their secrets.
At the end of the meeting, Mr. Ma offered some good ideas to young people:
? Talk to your parents or teacher often.
? Take part in group activities.
? Try to get on well with the people around you.
? Go to see a doctor if you often feel unhappy.
1. The students who often become worried or have trouble getting on with others may have _______.
A. no parents B. no secrets
C. poor memories D. mental problems
2. The schoolgirl’s problem happened whenever she _______.
A. studied very hard B. had exams
C. talked with her parents D. went to see the doctor
3. Some of those with mental problems won’t ask for help because _______.
A. they don’t want o tell their secrets to others
B. their parents are too busy to look after them
C. doctors can’t help them with the problems
D. they can do with the problems themselves
4. The underlined word “stupid” in this passage means _______.
A. pretty B. happy C. not clever D. not friendly
5. According to the last part, which of the followings is a good idea?
A. It’s important for children to live with their parents.
B. It’s helpful for people to see doctors every day.
C. It’s useful for students to keep quiet in class.
D. It’s necessary for young people to have group activities.