1. John never comes to school late, ?
A. does he B. doesn’t he C. is he D. isn’t he
2. I’ll give you a ring if Mike tomorrow.
A. comes B. will come C. came D. is coming
3. Picking apples was hard work, they really enjoyed it.
A. and B. so C. but D. or
4. A: What shall we do this evening?
A. It’s a pleasure B. That’s OK C. Sure D. I’ve no idea
5. A: Which would you like , tea or milk? B:
A. Yes ,thank you B. Tea, please. C. Yes, please D. Certainly. I’d love to.
6. His father him reading English an hour every morning.
A. keeps B. makes C. helps D. lets
7. I don’t think the story . I have little interest in it.
A. fun enough B. enough funny
C. interested enough D. interesting enough
8. I was just about to give him a phone call he came in.
A. before B. as C. while D. when
9. You watch TV too often. Work hard at your lessons.
A. had better not B. had not better to
C. had better not to D. had not better
10. talk about your study of English?
A. What about B. Why not C. How about D. Why don’t
When Kyle walked into Ernie’s Pet World, he looked very anxious. The shop owner, Ernie, jumped out of his seat to greet Kyle. He was the shop’s first customer of the day.
“Good morning, sir!” Ernie said, “What can I help you with?”
“Well, I ……” Kyle started to say.
“Wait, don’t tell me,” Ernie stopped him. “You’re looking for a …a little dog… for your daughter’s birthday, Right?”
“Not really, I just…”
Ernie didn’t let him finish. “Ah, I’ve got it. You just moved to a new office, and you want some fish for it, I have some very nice fish bowls over here.”
“In fact, I…” Kyle was starting to look very nervous and strange.
“No fish? Ah, a cat! You look like a cat person. At Ernie’s Pet World, we have the best cats. Take a look at this lovely one with long, white hair, She’s looking at you. She’s thinking, ‘Take me home. Take me home.’ Would you like some cat food and toys, too?”
“No, thank you,” Kyle said. By this time, he was walking up and down. He had a terrible look on his face. “Really, I’m not interested in cats or fish or little dogs.”
“What do you want, then?” Ernie asked.
Kyle looked like he was going to cry. “I just want to know if can use your toilet!” he said at last.
1. Which is TRUE about Ernie’s Pet World?
A. It has many workers. B. Kyle goes there often.
C. It sells school things. D. Ernie is the owner of the shop.
2. What kind of person is Ernie?
A. Very lazy. B. Rather shy.
C. Over warm-hearted. D. Not friendly.
3. Kyle went into the Ernie’s Pet World to .
A. buy a little dog B. take fish home
C. meet the shop owner D. look for a washroom
4. What does the underlined word “anxious” mean in Chinese?
A.焦急的 B.兴奋的 C.生气的 D.失望的
5. What is the best title of the story?
A. Kyle and Ernie B. Pet or Toilet
C. A Pet Lover D.A Busy Pet Shop